Monday, May 12, 2014

Flint napping and digging...

May 12th,2014
         Today there was supposed to be bad weather, and so we started out the day in the AC watching flint napping videos and attempting to flint nap ourselves. We had very poor chert because the local chert in our area is not very good, but I did have a couple good flakes which I broke trying to make them into points. Dr. Knauth came to give us better tools for our flint napping. Then, we went to the site to do some digging because the weather turned out to be much nicer. Once on site we unpacked everything and I started on finishing the SE wall clean up. After I finished, Sam took over cleaning the wall of the NE quad. All our walls were now cleaned and then Sam drew the wall profiles for the North and East walls. I then began to break down the wall between our unit and EU 17. It was very hot, and I didn't get much done before it started to drizzle and we had to pack up.